Zambia is the real home for the mighty Victoria Falls, one of the seven wonders of the world and the largest waterfall in the world. Zambia, in southern Africa, is a landlocked country of rugged terrain and diverse wildlife, with many parks and safari areas. On its border with Zimbabwe is famed Victoria Falls – indigenously called Mosi-oa-Tunya, or “Smoke that Thunders” – plunging a misty 108m into narrow Batoka Gorge. Spanning the Zambezi River just below the falls is Victoria Falls Bridge, a spectacular viewpoint. Zambia is two hours ahead of Greenwich Mean Time, one hour ahead of Central European Time, seven hours ahead of Eastern USA time and ten hours ahead of Western USA time.
Activities in Livingstone
Whilst in Zambia we highly recommend you take part in some of the activities available to you, we have an extensive list! Be a tourist as well as enjoying your volunteering project and take home some amazing memories! While on placement you do have access to the huge variety of activities in Livingstone, everything from relaxing game drives, site seeing and river cruises to a wide variety of adrenaline activities for all those junkies, sportsmen and women.
Should you be planning any activities, in town or out, you can let us know in advance and we can arrange and book them for you, saving you time, or you can enquire and book them when you are here.
Please ask us for more information on other activities not stated.
Some activities you may be interested in here in Livingstone:
- Game Drive in the Mosi oa Tunya National Park
- Sunset Cruises
- Town Tours
- Museum Trips
- Curio market tours and visits
- Quad bike trips
- Horseback Safaris
- White Water Rafting (seasonal)
- Jet Boating
- Bungee Jumping
- Gorge Swing
- Zip Line across the Gorge.
- Boogie Boarding (Seasonal).
- Victoria Falls Tour
- Bridge Tour
- Livingstone Island Tour ( seasonal )
- Boogie Boarding the Zambezi (seasonal)
- Livingstone Drift
- Helicopter 15min and 30min flights over the falls
- Microlight 15min and 30min flights over the falls
- Reptile/Crocodile Park Visit
- Fishing Safaris
- Livingstone Town Tours
- Steam Train Luxury Trip There are also out of town activities available, including a Chobe National Park weekend trip. Please ask for details. We can provide further details you may need, including prices!